[opencms-dev] enable Inline-Editing in OpenCms 7 Projects

Tobias Herrmann t.herrmann at alkacon.com
Wed Dec 12 13:45:29 CET 2012

Hi Randy,

your main problem is not the server side logic, inline editing in OpenCms is managed on the client side using JavaScript. We are using GWT to build our JavaScript applications, if you are familiar with the framework you should take a look at the modules org.opencms.ade.contenteditor and
org.opencms.ade.editprovider. The source code you will find below src-gwt/org/opencms/ade/contenteditor/ and src-gwt/org/opencms/ade/editprovider/.

This is not done with a few lines of code, you would need to get to know the inner workings of the mentioned modules quite well.

Greetings, Tobias

--

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org