[opencms-dev] cmsshell clearCaches not clearing Core Cache in OpenCms 8.5?

Steve Bryan steve.bryan at shinetech.com
Tue Dec 18 00:17:18 CET 2012

Hi all

I have a simple script that sets a property on an OpenCms resource then
publishes, followed by the clearCaches command. It seems the change does
not take effect until the 'Core Cache' is flushed via the Workplace, or the
tomcat restarted.

Is there a way to clear this cache via the cmsshell, or indeed
programmatically so I can write a custom extension to CmsShellCommands? I
can't see how to do it from the JavaDoc. Otherwise an automated script for
setting properties via cmsshell needs manual intervention to clear the Core
Cache!

Thanks
Steve

Script is like this:
loginUser Admin admin
setCurrentProject Offline

lockResource '/sites/default/xxx.html
writeProperty '/sites/default/xxx.html' 'MyProperty' 'TRUE' true
unlockResource '/sites/default/xxx.html'

publishProjectAndWait

clearCaches
exit