[opencms-dev] change page type

Antonio Cordeddu antoniocordeddu at coranto.it
Fri Jan 4 12:44:11 CET 2013

Hi Praveen,

do you mean change "Content type"? In this case I don't know any admin
tool to make the change in one shoot.
When I had to change the content type for many resources I used this
work-around:

1) Add a mapping for resource type in WEB-INF\config\opencms-modules.xml
configuration file

/  <resourcetypes>
//    <type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent" name="yourcontenttype" id="yourid">
//          <mappings>
//           <mapping suffix=".yoursuffix" />
//         </mappings>
</resourcestypes>
/

2) Export your contents
3) Change the suffix of your contents to /yoursuffix/
4) Import the contents. OpenCms recognizes the type and assigns the
correct content type.

If the extension of your files is html (or htm  or txt) you have to
modify the opencms-vfs.xml configuration file, because the "*.html"
files are mapped to resource type "plain".  (you can find more details
on http://lists.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2010q4/034997.html).

Hope this is useful for you
Antonio

On 03/01/2013 13.49, p r a v e e n wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change "page type" using Admin tools ? We need to
> change more than 50 files to a different page type. we can do it
> manually. but is it possible using Admin tools ?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Praveen

Coranto informatica di Antonio Cordeddu