[opencms-dev] How to manage the "excerpt" of a Solr document

Rüdiger Kurz r.kurz at alkacon.com
Mon Jan 7 12:00:06 CET 2013

Hi Siegfried,

generally there is no excerpt in Solr by default, the keyword to search
for is: 'highlighting' and therefore it exists a documentation at:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters
Try to use those parameters for generating an excerpt.

There are some dynamic fields called '<locale>_excerpt' stored within
the Solr index of OpenCms. The reason for storing these fields is to
speed up searching for very huge documents: For example, if you have
really huge documents within your Solr index and you get a lot of
results the Solr highlighter slows down the overall search performance.
So only make use of those '<locale>_excerpt' if you are sure that the
highlighter is the reason for slowing down your search.

regards
Rüdiger

--
Kind Regards,