[opencms-dev] OpenCmsVarLink: always converts absolute url to relative url

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Wed Jan 9 04:40:38 CET 2013

In a structured content, I have a field of type OpenCmsVarLink.

When I edit an instance of it, I can enter absolute urls (from remote
servers) or relative urls into this field.

But I found that when I enter an absolute url that points to the same
OpenCms server/site, OpenCms will always convert the absolute url I entered
to a relative url.

How can this be avoided?

Because in some cases, I want to link to a pdf via absolute url and don't
want this pdf to be served the static export, while still I don't want to
disable static export for all pdfs in general.

Why does OpenCms do this conversion anyway? If I'd like to let it be
handled by OpenCms, I'd enter the relative url only and not an absolute url.

Anway way to force it via property?