[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.5: accessing categories in shared folder from site

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Jan 16 16:30:00 CET 2013

Hi list,
I have set up a OpenCms 8.5 project with four sites.
In the shared folder (/shared/) I added categories folders because all sites should be able to use them.

In my xml schema I added the following layout:

<layout element="MyElement" widget="CategoryWidget" configuration="startup=/shared/_categories/maincategory1/" />

Unfortunately the widget doesn't find that category, when I edit a file in one of the four sites I created.

It works, when I edit a file in the shared directory.

There are no access restrictions on the shared folder.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Kai