[opencms-dev] ADE epileptic blinking in Chrome's last version (24.0.1312.52)

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Jan 17 11:55:44 CET 2013

Update on the "epileptic blinking" issue in Chrome:

The issue is caused by the JS code generated from the GWT. Others GWT user
have the same issue so it's not really OpenCms related.

Updating to the latest GWT version 2.5 (OpenCms 8.5.0 uses GWT 2.4) solves
the problem. We already have updated GWT in the dev branch, but a "quick
fix" for existing OpenCms installations apparently is not easily done.

We will shortly release OpenCms 8.5.1 anyway. ETA is in about 3 weeks. This
will contain the Chrome fix, among other fixes and improvements.

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior