[opencms-dev] What is the core cache ?

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Mon Jan 21 13:18:37 CET 2013

Hi Sigfried,

in opencms 8.0.4 clearing the core caches calls
org.opencms.monitor.CmsMemoryMonitor.clearCache()

which is implemented as follows:
    /**
     * Clears almost all internal caches.<p>
     */
    public void clearCache() {

        clearPrincipalsCache();

        flushCache(CacheType.PROJECT);
        flushCache(CacheType.RESOURCE);
        flushCache(CacheType.RESOURCE_LIST);
        flushCache(CacheType.PROPERTY);
        flushCache(CacheType.PROPERTY_LIST);
        flushCache(CacheType.PROJECT_RESOURCES);
        flushCache(CacheType.PUBLISHED_RESOURCES);
    }

PrincipalsCache holds all information about users, groups, accesscontrol list etc. This is used to speed up permission checks.
I can't tell, what the other caches include.

As far as I know, at least principals cache is cleared every time you publish

Hope that helps a bit

Regards
Christoph