[opencms-dev] long support for xmlpage type ?

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Jan 22 13:54:54 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm curious about this as well (or at least something similiar).

We like OpenCms. We like xmlcontent aka "structured content". We don't use containerpages, and we can live just fine without direct edit.

After testing an upgrade from 7.5.2 to 8.5 I concluded it's not an option - 8.5 can't handle our xmlcontent. (Errors occur during editing, preventing the editor to save changes. I'm not sure what the problem is; might be the new Acacia editor, might be OpenCms itself, might be some kind of incompatibility in our modules.)

The thing that really worries me is that all updates now hint at an out-phasing of xmlcontent in favor of containerpages. "Everything" now seems to be based around containerpages.

So if we want to base our sites on xmlcontent, just like we did pre-containerpage, will that work for us in the future?

Cheers,
Paul