[opencms-dev] "New" element option (in editable collector) works on formatter but not on page element

Arturo Martín Lladó arturo.martin.llado at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:53:12 CET 2013

Hi, folks.

I'm experiencing a really wierd behaviour of the "New" option placed
on the first item of an editable collector.

This code below:

	                    <cms:contentload collector="allInFolderDateReleasedDesc"
			                    param="${dirContenido}|documentoDeInteres"
			                    preload="true">
			                <cms:contentinfo var="info" />
			                <c:if test="${info.resultSize > 0}">
			                    <ul>
			                        <cms:contentload editable="true">
			                            <li>
element="Archivo" /></cms:link>" title="<cms:contentshow
element="Nombre" />">
			                                    <cms:contentshow element="Nombre" />
			                                </a>
			                            </li>
			                        </cms:contentload>
			                    </ul>
			                </c:if>
			            </cms:contentload>

works fine on a formatter and on a page element, but when I try to add
a new element from the collector loaded on the "page" element, I get
this error:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.opencms.gwt.CmsRpcException:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-1
Reason: org.opencms.gwt.CmsRpcException:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-1
Reason: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
Reason: String index out of range: -1

Both other "edit" and "delete" options work fine. I only get this
error when I'm trying to add a new element. I don't understand why it
works fine on a formatter element but it does not on a page element.

Am I missing something?

Is this a bug?

Thank you in advance, guys.

Regards,