[opencms-dev] Error rebuilding "Solr Offline" index

Rüdiger Kurz r.kurz at alkacon.com
Wed Feb 13 19:37:58 CET 2013

Hi Enric,

thanks for the info, this proves my suggested reason for the problem and
helps to solve it.

Please perform the previously described steps:

Replace in the WEB-INF/config/opencms-search.xml:
   <indexer class="org.opencms.search.CmsDependencyIndexer" />
with
   <indexer class="org.opencms.search.CmsVfsIndexer" />

For the background:
The document dependency indexer tries to resolve document dependencies
based on the file name of a resource e.g. it indexes:

document.pdf
document_de.pdf
document_de_0001.pdf
document_de_0002.pdf
document_en.pdf
document_en_01.pdf
document_en_02.pdf
document_fr.pdf

that are inside the same folder as a single document. If the number
after the last underscore is bigger than Integer.MAX_VALUE a
NumberFormatException is thrown currently, I will fix that ASAP. Thank
you again posting your issue.

The CmsDependencyIndexer is not needed in general, so switching the
indexer class to CmsVfsIndexer, as described above, should work fine and
also more fast in your case.

regards
Rüdiger