[opencms-dev] [Eclipse] Help setting up dev environment in Eclipse using OpenCms v8.5.1

Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit alex.rodriguez at vass.es
Fri Feb 22 08:43:32 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to set up the developer environment of the OpenCms source code
v8.5.1 in the Eclipse Juno version. I’m currently following this manual:

 <http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Developing_OpenCms_with_Eclipse>
http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Developing_OpenCms_with_Eclipse

So far I’ve successfully downloaded the code from EGit as specified.
However, I do believe the manual doesn’t actually match the newest versions
(i.e: v8.5.1) because some liberaries’ versions do not match the manual
instructions. Actually, the manual makes reference to some modules that
don’t come with this version.

The problem is: after setting the classpath and configuring the libraries
the compilation problems should actually be solved. Instead, I still get ‘em
and would like to know whether anybody else actually found this problem as
well. I’m starting to believe most of my problems come from the openjpa
libraries.

Classpath problems AFTER linking averything and cleaning the project:

http://s3.postimage.org/e1mk07uwj/Untitled.png

Ant can’t compile anything because something’s missing:

http://s17.postimage.org/gkf8pz8lr/Untitled.png

So I tried going forward and spice things up with Ant, but it can’t find
that class, as I am getting this error message when trying to build:

C:\Project\opencms-core\build.xml:515: The following error occurred while
executing this line:
C:\Project\opencms-core\modules\build.xml:198: The following error occurred
while executing this line:
C:\Project\opencms-core\build.xml:216:
C:\Project\opencms-core\build\classes-core\org\opencms\db\jpa\persistence
does not exist.

I’ve found that this class is not at /build/classes-core/org... but at
/build/classes/org... so I tried modifying the build.xml to no avail.

Any clue? Has anyone else tried to follow this manual with the current
OpenCms version?

Thanks in advance,

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexrodba> Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit
Consultor e-Business
 <mailto:alex.rodriguez at vass.es> alex.rodriguez at vass.es

VASS Consultoría de Sistemas
Tel: +34 931 124 7941
Fax: +34 933 184 291
Avinguda Diagonal 210, 4a planta
08018 Barcelona
 <http://www.vass.es/> www.vass.es

Este correo electrónico así como los documentos adjuntos contienen
información confidencial y reservada. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error
siga las instrucciones contenidas en nuestro
<http://vass.es/es/aviso-legal> Aviso Legal. Si no deseara recibir más
comunicaciones por correo electrónico comuníquelo en la siguiente dirección:
<mailto:general at vass.es> general at vass.es

P Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrese de que es necesario. El medio
ambiente está en nuestra mano.