[opencms-dev] Locale macro in XSD schema

Arturo Martín Lladó arturo.martin.llado at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 09:20:59 CET 2013

Hi,

I want to apologize about this issue. I was compiling my custum widget
linking against OpenCms 8.5 JARs. That was the reason I couldn't get
the breakpoints of some methods working on debug mode...

I solved the locale issue this way:

1. In the XSD schema I added this:

<xsd:annotation>
		<xsd:appinfo>
		    <resourcebundles>
                <xmlbundle name="mypackage.contrato.xml">
                    <bundle locale="ca">
                        <resource
key="mypackage.contrato.language">ca</resource>
                    </bundle>
                    <bundle locale="es">
                        <resource
key="mypackage.contrato.language">es</resource>
                    </bundle>
                </xmlbundle>
            </resourcebundles>
[...]

<layouts>
    <layout element="tipoContrato" widget="LocaleCategoryWidget"
configuration="category=/_categories/%(key.mypackage.contrato.language)/tipoContrato/"
/>
[...]

2. And this is the code for my custum category widget, extending from
CmsCategoryWidget:

public class CmsLocaleCategoryWidget extends CmsCategoryWidget {

	/**
	* Creates a new category widget.<p>
	*/
    public CmsLocaleCategoryWidget() {
        // empty constructor is required for class registration
        super();
    }

    /**
	* Creates a category widget with the specified options.<p>
	*
	* @param configuration the configuration for the widget
	*/
    public CmsLocaleCategoryWidget(String configuration) {
        super(configuration);
    }

	/**
	* @see org.opencms.widgets.I_CmsWidget#newInstance()
	*/
    public I_CmsWidget newInstance() {
        return new CmsLocaleCategoryWidget(getConfiguration());
    }

	/**
	* @see org.opencms.widgets.I_CmsADEWidget#getConfiguration(org.opencms.file.CmsObject,
org.opencms.xml.types.A_CmsXmlContentValue,
org.opencms.i18n.CmsMessages, org.opencms.file.CmsResource,
java.util.Locale)
	*/
    public String getConfiguration(
        CmsObject cms,
        A_CmsXmlContentValue schemaType,
        CmsMessages messages,
        CmsResource resource,
        Locale contentLocale) {

    	String result = super.getConfiguration(cms, schemaType, messages,
resource, contentLocale);

        ResourceBundle bundle =
schemaType.getContentDefinition().getContentHandler().
		getMessages(contentLocale).getResourceBundle();
        Set<String> keySet = bundle.keySet();

        for (String bundleKey : keySet) {

        	// Resourcebundle's keys for OpenCms are specified this way:
%(key.name.of.string)
        	String xsdKey = "%(key." + bundleKey +  ")";

        	if ( result.contains(xsdKey) )
        		result = result.replace(xsdKey, bundle.getString(bundleKey));

        }

        return result;

    }

}

3. Now, when editing the content, the starting category is shown
according the locale we are editing at the moment
(/_categories/es/tipoContrato/ or /_categories/ca/tipoContrato).

I hope this can help to someone.

Thanks a lot again, list.

Arturo Martín Lladó