[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.5.1 - Multilingual categories Best Practice

Cavva davide.cavarretta at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:44:10 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I've got a very big issue about multilingual website.

I need to use Categories and other contents with 2 languages. Categories
should be indexed for a solr search too.

I though some solution:
1. use 2 different category tree for each language, but I cannot copy
contents from language A to language B;
2. use 2 different properties of the category to distinguish 2 languages
such Title_A and Title_B, and on the content type I will add a readonly
element Category of type CmsString, on save I will fill Category field with
Title_A to category A field and Title_B to category B field.

Do you know best solution to it?

Thank you all,

Davide