[opencms-dev] How to customize ADE menu on a containerpage ?

Antoine PINEAU a.pineau at eurelis.com
Fri May 17 12:20:44 CEST 2013

Hello all,

How can we add a new button on ADE menu on a containerpage ?

We managed to customize a context menu through the config file opencms-modules.xml :
<explorertype name="containerpage" key="fileicon.containerpage" icon="containerpage.png" bigicon="containerpage_big.png" reference="xmlcontent">
    <editoptions>
        <contextmenu>
            <entry key="GUI_EXPLORER_CONTEXT_CUSTOM_0" uri="/system/modules/com.eurelis.opencms.custom/elements/custom.jsp" rule="standard"/>

We saw that in that same file, we have the ADE buttons:
            <entry key="GUI_EXPLORER_CONTEXT_SEO_0" name="org.opencms.gwt.client.ui.contextmenu.CmsOpenSeoDialog" rule="containerpage"/>

But those classes (org.opencms.gwt.client.*) seem NOT to be compiled on the OpenCms webapp (neither .class, nor .jar, nor java code in .jsp) and when trying to add a custom entry, the custom code does not seem to be executed at all.

So can you help me on customizing the ADE buttons ?
What is the best practice for that ?

Thanks in advance.
--
Antoine