[opencms-dev] Permissions issue for ADE-Editors

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Tue May 21 15:44:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

while setting up an Intranet I have the following requirements, and I
wonder if that's doable at all with OpenCms 8.5.1.

First, the actual state:

   - There is a containerpage /news/index.html which holds a list located
   in /.content/list-0000X.html
   - There is a folder /.content/news/ which will hold items of type v8news

There are several OpenCms-users split into 2 groups: Marketing and HR. They
will login through ADE only.

If I am not wrong, this is what I need to do to be sure these people can
add and edit content:

   - I need to give write-access to both groups to
   /.content/list-0000X.html to be sure they can add a news item to the list
   (get the plus sign)
   - I will need to give them write access to /.content/news/ to be sure
   they can actually save the news item

The fact that I give them permissions to the list means they can also
remove the list itself (with the scisor symbol). Can that be changed ?

Another issue is that one use can edit the news items which another one
created. That is really unfortunate. Can that be changed?

Best regards,
Yves