[opencms-dev] best practice for individual Detailpage for news?

Marc Johnen opencms at johnen.biz
Tue Jun 25 12:16:32 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

the current demo renders all newspages via one detail page which contains
the right column,
We have a scenario, were we want to adjust the right column per newspage.
What would be the best practice to do so?

1. We could put the elements of the right column into the structured content
item newspage itself and blend out the right column in the main.jsp when the
current center container contains a newspage, which would leave us without
the possibility to drag and drop new types into the right column. The
elements of the right column would have to be edited in the same XML content
editor as the newspage and they wouldn't get the direct edit buttons and
properties.

2. We could create each newspage via the sitemap using a model page vom the
".new"-folder. In this case I see the following problems to be solved:
- How to write a collector to find the containerpages which have the element
news to show them in a list.
- The "+" button in a list wouldn't work (I think).
- The default for pages created via the sitemap editor is that they end up
in the navigation. Can this be changed?

Has anyone done something similar?

-----
Greetings