[opencms-dev] Configuration of a new administration point

Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit alex.rodriguez at vass.es
Tue Oct 8 12:20:04 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to create a new entry in the administration view to manage the
analytics data for our sites for OCms version 8.5.x.

I’ve followed the instructions of v.7 out of the “OpenCms development” book
I’ve got. I’ve searched for a more up-to-date documentation around the net
and haven’t found anything. Things might have changed a little bit, and I
can’t get it to work.

Basically I’ve:

-              Created a folder in /workplace/admin called “analytics”. So
/workplace/admin/analytics.

-              Setup the correct properties so that it displays in the menu
with all the due attributes.

So far is doing great. It appears in the menu and loads the index.jsp I’ve
placed inside if I want to. Thing is, I want to create a Tool Group with two
options. Normally, that would be as easy as creating two other jsps
(import.jsp and export.jsps) and have them share the NavInfo property, so
that they are grouped together. According to the book, just by doing that,
index.jsp will recognize them and list them before the index.jsp is
rendered. Exactly what happens in the Content Tools screen: only listing the
available Tool Groups, no other jsp content.

Quote from the book: “The administration area contains three icon groups.
Since the parent contenttools folder does not have the default-file property
set, OpenCms would normally use index.jsp to render the administration area.
However, in this case, as the administration point does not contain the
file, only the groups appear. If an index.jsp file were present, then its
output would appear on the screen and it would be ordered with each group
based on the NavPos property.”

I can’t make heads nor tails of why it is not recognizing any of the two
other jsps (import.jsp/export.jsp).

I’ve tried:

-              Placing them in subfolders (import/export) and renaming them
to index.jsp.

-              Putting them in the Administration group to see if they are
recognised.

-              Deleted the index.jsp

-              Renaming the index.jsp to something else and explicitly
calling it from the main folder’s “default-file” property.

Basically I’ve done millions of tests and different configurations to no
avail. Has anyone got a valid development documentation for version 8.5.1
with a clear step-by-step explanation of how to develop an actually working
administration point?

Much appreciated,

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexrodba> Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit
Consultor e-Business
 <mailto:alex.rodriguez at vass.es> alex.rodriguez at vass.es

VASS Consultoría de Sistemas
Tel: +34 93 182 0963
Fax: +34 933 184 291
Avinguda Diagonal 210, 4a planta
08018 Barcelona
 <http://www.vass.es/> www.vass.es

Este correo electrónico así como los documentos adjuntos contienen
información confidencial y reservada. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error
siga las instrucciones contenidas en nuestro
<http://vass.es/es/aviso-legal> Aviso Legal. Si no deseara recibir más
comunicaciones por correo electrónico comuníquelo en la siguiente dirección:
<mailto:general at vass.es> general at vass.es

P Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrese de que es necesario. El medio
ambiente está en nuestra mano.