[opencms-dev] Remove /opencms/ from url

BigAdmin bigadmin at wjug.ca
Mon Oct 21 01:54:53 CEST 2013

Hi Deiverson,

Thank you for response, but since Apache is serving other websites as
well as opencsm,
can't change tomcat port to 80.

I already tried changing opencms.war to ROOT.war and that worked
but not a good option if you are planning to host other websites with
different
requirements.

my question is , should we rewrite two /opencms/ or one ?

I have followed step by step as it is instructed in wiki page, and
website shows up fine,
without having /opencms/ , it is just the admin page that is having
problem.

when I access admin page on on port 80, CSS is not working and when I
login , following error shows up:

Error reading resource from path "/resources/commons/empty.html".
Reason: Unable to read resource "/resources/commons/empty.html".

on port 8180, CSS working:
http://wjug.ca:8180/opencms/opencms/system/login
but after entering credentials, it goes to following address
http://wjug.ca:8180/system/login/index.html

so rewrite is not applying by accessing to login page, it is only
applying after credential is entered.

Thanks
Babak