[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.5.2: Ajax Solr autocomplete hugh download size

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Tue Nov 5 10:23:32 CET 2013

Hi list,
in one of our customer projects we use a AJAX Solr search (derived from the AJAX Solr demo, shipped with the OpenCms demo modules).

There are about 24000 documents (mostly PDFs) in the Solr index.

A big issue is, that the autocomplete list for the search field seems to be about 15 MB in size and will therefore load forever. Looking at the XML file with the handleSolrSelect shows that there are many data which seem useless for us.
For example

<result name="response" numFound="1507" start="0"/>
<lst name="facet_counts">
<lst name="facet_queries"/>
<lst name="facet_fields">
<lst name="content_de">
<int name="0">56</int>
<int name="0,0">2</int>
<int name="0,00">3</int>
<int name="0,017">1</int>
<int name="0,02">10</int>
<int name="0,04">1</int>
<int name="0,06">1</int>
<int name="0,08">3</int>
<int name="0,09">5</int>
<int name="0,1">5</int>
<int name="2010_neu.doc">1</int>
<int name="21.01.2009">1</int>
<int name="21.01.2010">9</int>
<int name="21.01.2011">3</int>
<int name="21.02.1955">2</int>

These int entries seem to go on forever and we are not sure if it is possible to get rid of some of these values.

A hint on that or other tips on how to reduce the size of the JSON file are highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Kai

Kai Schliemann
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur (FH)
Senior IT-Berater Softwareentwicklung

comundus GmbH
Schüttelgrabenring 3, D-71332 Waiblingen
Zentrale      +49 7151-94421-10
Durchwahl  +49 7151-94421-20
Fax             +49 7151-94421-39
E-Mail k.schliemann at comundus.com<mailto:k.schliemann at comundus.com>
Internet www.comundus.com<http://www.comundus.com/>

Geschäftsführer Klaus Hillemeier
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 264290

comundus ist ein Unternehmen der IT EXCELLENCE Group

[facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comundus-GmbH/163398933697079?v=wall> comundus bei Facebook