[opencms-dev] OpenCms Module Developer problem

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Fri Nov 8 11:22:43 CET 2013

Hello,

im just trying to get a Eclipse IDE for developing template and modules
on a current OpenCms system. Tried the "Developing OpenCms with Eclipse"
Wiki page, but can't get it together. I have a virtual Ubuntu with
Tomcat, OpenCms setup done, Eclipse running, Git cloned and a project
which has no build errors left. Unfortunately plugins website is down
for some days now, as the "Eclipse integration" Wiki page refers to that
for further installation and usage details (in form of video). Now I
always end with following "loader constraint violation" exception when
trying to use Project Wizard or trying to copy the nevertheless created
Project to my OpenCms instance.

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving
method
"info.rsdev.eclipse.opencms.module.developer.compatibility.CmsCompatibilityHelper.initCmsSystemInfo(Lorg/opencms/main/CmsSystemInfo;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V"
the class loader (instance of
info/rsdev/eclipse/opencms/module/developer/loader/OpenCmsClassLoader)
of the current class, org/opencms/main/Communicator, and the class
loader (instance of
org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved
class,
info/rsdev/eclipse/opencms/module/developer/compatibility/CmsCompatibilityHelper,
have different Class objects for the type y.CmsCompatibilityHelper used
in the signature

/Randomly/ I also got "IllegalArgumentException: A SPI class of type
org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec with name 'Lucene42' does not exist" instead.

My current setup:

Ubuntu 13.10
Tomcat 7.0.42
MySQL 5.5.34
Eclipse Kepler SR1 For Java EE
OpenCms 8.9.0
OpenCms Module Developer 0.0.9

I also have problems following instructions on the Wiki page on some
other issues. F.i. it is not mentioned that "opencms.jar" needs to be
added to Build Path as well (I took the one from my servers
WEB-INF/lib). And Ant configuration is a miracle as well, I cannot find
"ant-opencms-1.1.jar" and I'm not sure about the actual property and
Tools configuration values.

I had no luck googling on this issues, maybe just my fault, but some
hints are quite welcome.

Regards,
Thorsten