[opencms-dev] Feedback OpenCms 9 Upgrade

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Fri Nov 8 23:21:26 CET 2013

Hi OCMS World!

Just upgraded from OpenCms 8.5.2 to OpenCms 9.0 and I'm so delighted, that
I've to share my experience how it was done in less than 15 minutes:

Created a SnapShot of one our VMs running OpenCms 8.5.2, unpacked the
upgrade package and as described in the readme file of the upgrade package
I'd to change only in:

cmsupdate.ori

# Rebuild search indexes
#rebuildAllIndexes

and in opencms.properties:

wizard.enabled=true

ran the upgarde wizard over port 8080 (changed my Admin password before),
the upgrade was finished in less than 10 minutes, restarted my tomcat and I
can access 3 sites on this installation so far without any issues and I've
to say:

Long live OpenCms :-)

Kind Regards,
Arash