[opencms-dev] Clone Module fails during replacement of the module name in the newly created clone

Rüdiger Kurz r.kurz at alkacon.com
Wed Nov 13 13:54:21 CET 2013

Hi all,

I was able to reproduce the problem. Unfortunately there is an
unnecessary unlock call within the Java code. If you want to fix it
yourself, you can remove the following line:
https://github.com/alkacon/opencms-core/blob/branch_9_0_x/src-modules/org/opencms/workplace/tools/modules/CmsCloneModule.java#L1083

This issue will be fixed within the next release.

Attached you find a ready to use compilation. Copy this file to:
WEB-INF/lib folder of the OpenCms application and restart the servelt
container.

regards
Rüdiger

Am 13.11.2013 12:51, schrieb Alessandro Magnolo:
> I have the same problem.
>
> This is the error logged:
>
> 13 Nov 2013 12:49:09,823 ERROR [e.tools.modules.CmsCloneModule: 352]
> Error unlocking resource
> "/system/modules/it.imteam.bootstrap.formatters/search/configuration.js"
> by current user "amagnolo" - Unable to unlock
> "/system/modules/it.imteam.bootstrap.formatters/search/configuration.js",
> the lock is inherited from a parent folder.
>
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM, dayv2005 <dpipes at aimntls.com> wrote:
>> In OpenCms 9 Release candidate when I used  the clone module function it
>> would create all the folders and files under /system/modules/ and register
>> the module in module management screen. Including all resource types and
>> what not.
>>
>> In OpenCms 9 Final it no longer registers the new module in the modules
>> screen.
>>
>> Has anyone else had this issue as well? And is there any work around for
>> this?
>>

>> --

Rüdiger Kurz

-------------------

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
Rüdiger Kurz
An der Wachsfabrik 13
50996 Koeln, DE

Tel: +49 (0)2236 3826-16
Fax: +49 (0)2236 3826-20
Email: r.kurz at alkacon.com

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Kandzior, Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 54613