[opencms-dev] Frontend/Website Localization

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Thu Nov 14 11:08:02 CET 2013

Hello,

as the "Frontend/Website Localization" chapter is still empty in 9.0.0
documentation and I cannot see how it works just on looking at bootstrap
example (and cannot find another information source). I would like to
ask if someone may explain it to me. Is there a way to use "XML Resource
Bundle" to store translations for use in template files? How to name,
where to store, how to use? If not, what is the intended way to store
translations and are steps like reinitialisation of workspace still in
need after updates or additions in bundles?

In my template module I created and filled
"\{my.template}\i18n\{my.template}.messages"
and in my main.jsp I use
<fmt:setLocale value="${cms.locale}" />
and then stuff like
<fmt:message key="my.template.title" />

All I get is "???my.template.title???".

Do I need to add some configuration somewhere?

Regards,
Thorsten