[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9 demo search page bug

Rüdiger Kurz r.kurz at alkacon.com
Fri Nov 15 13:22:38 CET 2013

Hi Alessandro,

Open the file:
/system/modules/com.alkacon.bootstrap.formatters/search/configuration.js

Replace line 9:
"spellUrl" : '<cms:link>/handleSolrSpellt</cms:link>',

with:
"spellUrl" : '<cms:link>/handleSolrSelect</cms:link>',

will fix that issue, but the spellchecking is then not available anymore.

In order to let the /select request handler perform the spellchecking
you can edit the solrconfig.xml, search for the /select handler and add
the spellchecker as last-component like:

	<requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">
		<lst name="defaults">
			<str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
			<int name="rows">10</int>
			<str name="df">text</str>
		</lst>
		<arr name="last-components">
			<str>spellcheck</str>
		</arr>
	</requestHandler>

Then also the spell checking will also work again.

Anyway you've found an issue that could be fixed within the core by
adding the link field when the /spell handler is beeing requested. I
will see if this can be fixed within a future release.

Thank you very much and good luck!
Rüdiger

Rüdiger Kurz