[opencms-dev] Displaying External Data in OpenCms 9

dayv2005 dpipes at AimNTLS.com
Mon Nov 18 22:06:39 CET 2013

I was wondering what people were doing to display external data from another
database in OpenCms 9?

We have a web vehicle internal application that is managed by our software.
We want to integrate it into OpenCms. I wrote the schemas, formatters, list
and detail page. But this only works if you create the instance in OpenCms.

How are people connecting to external databases?

I realize I could use dynamic function and use the jsp sql library and read
the data like that. This is probably the best way to handle this but you
lose so much functionality of OpenCms handling it this way.

I read some older papers on using TOS but that seemed to be more of a one
time import and continue managing the objects from the website.

Is there anyway to import in real time from an external database into the
given resource type?

Manly wanted to start this discussion to see what others have done and
what's doable and the best case usage.

Thanks