[opencms-dev] Structured content disappearing in ADE

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Thu Nov 28 14:12:33 CET 2013

Hello,

here is my second attempt to understand, what is going wrong in my
creation of XML content schema and formatter. As said in yesterdays post
(UUID) I try to create XML content types for an news article list, just
like list-large and blog-detail - and what I've done so far is quite the
same.

What happens is that I can create a list element in container page, and
I create an article in .content, and I find this article is shown as
expected on that page – when published and viewed in online site. In
offline site the article content blinks shortly on page load and then
disappears. There is no edit point available either. Therefore there is
also no chance to add, edit or remove content in ADE. List title is
available, editing point for that also. Source code contains the article
markup as expected, but it is removed from view (DOM Inspector doesn't
have it).

I guess this must be some script issue, but I cannot spot it. It happens
in Firefox and in Chromium (both current). Or is it some kind of
misconfiguration? I'm a bit lost inside my system as there are so many
things to do on creating custom XML content and configurations.

My template is Bootstrap based (2.3.2), but not based on the example
modules but a clean HTML template moved to template module the old
fashioned way (like "OpenCms 8 Template Creation Beginners Guide.pdf").
Firefox Web console has no JS error left.

Is that a known problem? Any hints? How to get nearer cause?

Regards,
Thorsten