[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9 search in container pages content problem

3digits - Pablo Beltrán pbeltran at 3digits.es
Mon Dec 30 09:18:10 CET 2013

Hello list,

I'm currently building a test website with OpenCms 9. I'm trying to enable search text content inside container pages but I can't, and I'm able to do that in previous version (8.5.2).

In 8.5 you can set searchcontent="true" inside formatter configuration in the XSD content definition. So when you perform a text query, if that text is inside a textblock resource type that its inside a container page the search results page shows you an entry to that page.

Now, in OpenCms 9, you should do that in the new formatter configuration, that's OK, but it has no effect. Even doing that on a fresh install demo it doesn't work. For example:

http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/handleSolrSelect?fq=-type:bs-blog&fq=text_en:lorem

This query excludes bs-blog contents and, as far as I know, it should show many container pages containing bs-textblock's. This content type comes configured with SearchContent=true.

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Regards.