[opencms-dev] installation issue

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Sat Jan 11 22:41:27 CET 2014

Hi Alan,

it seems that your mysql installation has gone terribly wrong, you shall be
able to login through the DOS command prompt with:

mysql -u root -p <your mysql root password>

If you still get:
Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
(using password: NO) --> this means you're not using a root password

Then uninstall mysql, reboot your windows and install a clean one.
You've to grant all privileges to the root user on localhost to be able to
login to your mysql instance:

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost';
(but this is done during the mysql installation for you)

It would be a good idea to install the MySQL Administration Tools and make
sure that the root user has full access to the mysql DB.

HTH,
Kind Regards,
Arash

Like <https://www.facebook.com/cloudssky> |