[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8 / How to link detail pages in other site

Tobias Karrer kartobi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 22:35:09 CET 2014

Hi all,

got the problem, that link replacement isn't working correctly with
multisite setup - or I don't know the correct way to do it.

Example with two sites setup:
1. /sites/default/ (default.site.org)
2. /sites/my-site/ (my-site.site.org)

For /sites/default/ I configured detail pages for news, with path
/en/newsroom/

So how do I correctly link news of /sites/default/ in /sites/my-sites?

My first guesst was to select e.g.
/sites/default/.content/news/n_00001.html in container-page of
/sites/my-sites/ and wrap wit with <cms:link>...</cms:link> in page
template.

But this results in url
"http://default.site.org/.content/news/n_00001.html" but should be
"http://default.site.org/en/newsroom/News-No-1" to be accessible.

Directly link "http://default.site.org/en/newsroom/News-No-1" in editor
doesn't work either, as link replacment in editor converts
"http://default.site.org/en/newsroom/News-No-1" to
"/sites/default/en/career/join-our-team/CAD-Data-Administrator-m-f"
resulting in error message "Invalid reference, the resource can not be
found."

How to do it correctly?!?

Best,
Tobias