[opencms-dev] Eclipse CMIS plugin

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.com
Mon Feb 17 10:04:32 CET 2014

Hi Fabian,

I never used the CmsShell for Syncing, so I have no reference point. Actually I didn't even know the CmsShell existed when I started working on the plugin ;)
I rarely sync more than one or two files (just the ones I'm working on), for that the CMIS performance is just fine.
If I do sync whole projects (thousands of files) then it takes a while, but never more than minutes. Unfortunately I can't give you any exact figures and I also can't  tell you how much of that time is related to the actual CMIS sync, because I do some checks first (which file is newer, is the file in a module resource folder at all, …) and I also pull meta data after syncing a file.
The Good thing about CMIS is that it works with remote servers as well, so OpenCms doesn't have to be local.

Cheers

P.S.: Using the CmsShell for syncing is an interesting option. I'll write it down on my to do list to check this out. Maybe that will improve the performance of my plugin.

Hello Kai,

we have developed a plug-in for Netbeans and integrated CMIS as well.
However in contrast to our expectations, the performance was poorer (by
a factor of roughly 1.5) than with the CmsShell. What is your experience
(e.g. sync 1000 files)?

Regards

\Fabian