[opencms-dev] A few questions about Add Resource Type in OpenCms 9.0.1

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin enrico at sed.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 3 12:30:21 CET 2014

Hi,

I have seen that adding a new resource type with the Administration tool
"Add resource type" inside "Module Management" creates a new entry
inside the "Structured contents" group.

Doing this, the new resource doesn't appear in the available choices of
the ADE editor choosing "Add Content".
To be able to use the new resource I need to edit the configuration file
opencms-modules.xml and change the attribute page="structurecontent" to
page="bs-menu" and then restart tomcat.

1) Is this the right way to do it or I have missed something?

2) Could be in future be possible to choose the target page inside the
"Add resource type" tool?

3) Are all the content types except those in the "Bootstrap page" group
not available in the ADE editor, but only for direct editing inside the
workplace?

Best regards,
Enrico