[opencms-dev] OCEE Uninstall

Greg Ireland GI at piconsulting.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 11:03:25 CET 2014

Hi All

I have an OpenCMS 7.5.3 installation which I was hoping to in-place upgrade to v9.   I have extracted the upgrade and WEB-INF data from the .ZIP to the /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/ROOT folder and followed the genereal process in the readme.txt but when I run the upgrade I get the message that there is an incompatible version of OCEE installed.  I have tried a few times to delete the OCEE packages, remove any references to OCEE from the config files etc, but I can’t seem to actually uninstall it to proceed with the upgrade wizard.

My process so far:

1-      I copy the /update and /WEB-INF folders into the /ROOT web app folder.

2-      I allow the WEB-INF copy to overwrite any files, but then replace the new web.xml file with a copy of the original or my site doesn’t work any more.

3-      I change all the properties back to tomcat:tomcat like the other folders and recurse it.

4-      I change the opencms.porperties file wizard.enabled=true and

5-      I browse to the <URL>/update.  There I receive the following error message:

Incompatible version of Alkacon OCEE detected!
Warning:
You have installed a version of Alkacon OCEE that is not compatible with OpenCms 9.0.1.
Please upgrade Alkacon OCEE to a compatible version before upgrading OpenCms or remove the OCEE modules completely.
The upgrade wizard cannot continue before these problems are solved.

Would anyone be able to help me by identifying exactly how I can remove OCEE from my current installation in order to proceed with a basic upgrade to v9 as we don’t really use any features from OCEE and do not have the upgrade license any longer?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Ireland
Pi Consulting<http://www.piconsulting.co.uk/>

Pi Consulting - the home of good pension scheme governance

Direct:         020 8879 6519
Mobile: 07543318648
Office: 020 8879 6500
Fax:    020 8879 6501
Email:  GI at piconsulting.co.uk<mailto:GI at piconsulting.co.uk>
Web:    www.piconsulting.co.uk

Pi Consulting (UK) Ltd (Registration number: 4182019), ePi Services Ltd (Registration number: 5536036) and Pi Consulting (Trustee Services) Ltd (Registration number: 4261011) are registered in England & Wales.
Registered office: 2 Allington Close, Wimbledon Village, London SW19 5AP

Please Consider the Environment before printing this email.

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

All email correspondence is scanned using the MessageLabs Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email.