[opencms-dev] Running OpenCms in Docker Containers (Part I)

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Sat Mar 29 23:10:46 CET 2014

Hi Mansuy!
hi OCMS World!

Thanks for your kind response.

The OpenCms All-In-One docker image is now available through docker public
repository and you can run your all-in-one OpenCms instance with a single
command.
This image provides a full OpenCms Installation with Apache 2, Tomcat 7,
MariaDB, Metamesh's RFS / VFS Driver, mod_jk. mod_rewrite, mod_ssl and ajp
connector.

If you've docker installed, run the following command, you should be up and
running in less than 15 minutes:

$ docker run -i -t -p <ip>:80:80 -p <ip>:443:443
cloudssky/opencms-stack-aio /bin/bash

Note: replace <ip> with your VM / Server IP address.

Adapt your /etc/hosts:

$ vi /etc/hosts

<ip> opencms.stack.local

Access your OpenCms Workplace:
https://opencms.stack.local

Access the Online Site:
http://opencms.stack.local

For those who don't have docker installed, the easiest way on Ubuntu is to
run:

$ curl -s https://get.docker.io/ubuntu/ | sudo sh

Installation instructions have been added on the same google docs page for
Metamesh's RFS / VFS driver and for Apache 2 and Tomcat 7 integration with
SSL, mod_jk, mor_rewrite etc.:

http://ow.ly/uFzGk

Enjoy!

Kind Regards,