[opencms-dev] Force HTTPS for workplace access

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Apr 11 14:53:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'd like to force HTTPS for workplace login / communication. Is there an easy way?

According to the wiki (http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Enforcing_SSL_Encryption_for_the_Opencms_workplace ), "somebody [who] tries to access the workplace using an unsafe connection, [...] will be automatically redirected to the secured connection".

Well, not so in my case - I can access the workplace login using *both* HTTP and HTTPS, no HTTP -> HTTPS redirect.

OpenCms is 7.5.2. I've got Apache in front.

Cheers,
Paul