[opencms-dev] Can opencms load external content and format it?

Christian Bjørnbak cbj at touristonline.dk
Wed Apr 16 12:17:13 CEST 2014

What I meant was the we have a in-house development system that we would
like to integrate with Opencms.

Our in-house system is a booking system where you can book hotels, holiday
homes and more..

We used to integrate our booking system in the old CMS by the cms fetching
html fragments from the booking system to add in pages mostly static while
for dynamic pages like listings the booking system fetched a template from
the cms system in which the listing was placed.

Starting this project of making both responsive we thought that it might be
an idea to change the in-house system to a backend of opencms serving
opencms unformatted data in json or xml format which opencms format and
present for the customer.

And the question is:

Is it possible to create listings in opencms where data doesn't come
articles in opencms but an external source.

And pointers on how to do it?

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,

Christian Bjørnbak

Chefudvikler / Lead Developer