[opencms-dev] Problem with multisite-config and internal links

CHALMERS, GORDON gchalmers at valspar.com
Mon May 12 17:08:13 CEST 2014

We are running V8.52, serviing multiple web sites, and are having an issue with the following:

"Sites" is set up like this in opencms-system.xml:

    <sites>
      <workplace-server>http://cms-workplace.mysite.com</workplace-server>
      <default-uri>/sites/coil/</default-uri>
      <shared-folder>/shared/</shared-folder>
      <site server="http://localhost:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
      <site server="http://www.site1.com" uri="/sites/coil-emeai" />
      <site server="http://www.site2.com" uri="/sites/coil-emeai" />
    </sites>

When editing content via the FCKEditor and adding a link to the page for a document (PDF) served by OpenCMS, we find that while we enter a relative link (e.g.href=" /docs/pdfs/document.pdf"), upon saving the page, OpenCMS makes the link fully qualified by inserting the workplace-server URL - the link is saved as href="http://cms-workplace.mysite.com/docs/pdfs/document.pdf".

http://cms-workplace.mysite.com is not available externally so this is causing some headaches for us.

I've tried a number of things suggested old posts but nothing I've done has affected this behavior. How can we tell OpenCMS to leave relative links alone?

Gordy Chalmers
Developer - Marketing Solutions Group
Valspar Corporation
PO Box 1461
Minneapolis, MN 55440
Phone: (612)-851-7642
Fax: (612)-486-7987
e-mail: gchalmers at valspar.com<mailto:gchalmers at valspar.com>

This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information; unauthorized use is prohibited.
Transactions are subject to the terms found at http://www.coatings.com/notice.jsp