[opencms-dev] removing opencms/ from the URL

Deiverson Silveira deiverson at solutioncms.com
Wed Jun 11 13:33:05 CEST 2014

Hi Dudu,

Try for remove with method ProxyPass:
1-Edit and remove comments this line:
# Virtual hosts
Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
and
LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so

2- Edit file Apache\conf\extra\http-vhosts.conf and add:
<VirtualHost www.yoursite.com:80>
ServerName yoursite.com
  <Proxy *>
     Allow from all
  </Proxy>

ProxyPass            /opencms/   http://www.yoursite.com:8080/opencms/
ProxyPassReverse /opencms/   http://www.yoursite.com:8080/opencms/
 ProxyPass            /
http://www.yoursite.com:8080/opencms/opencms/
ProxyPassReverse /   http://www.yoursite.com:8080/opencms/opencms/
</VirtualHost>

3 - Edit file opencms-importexport.xml and remove
${CONTEXT_NAME}${SERVLET_NAME}:

<vfs-prefix></vfs-prefix>

4 - Restart your server app and apache

Regards,

Deiverson

> Hello,
> I installed OpenCMS 9.0.1 and the demo site + login worked OK.
>
> I followed the instructions in
> http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Avoiding_/opencms/opencms_in_the_URL_(apache_%2B_mod_proxy)
> to remove the opencms/ part in the URL but after the changes I receive the
> OpenCMS 404 page when trying to open www.example.com or
> www.example.com/system/login.
>
> My environment is Ubuntu linux 14.04, apache, Tomcat
> OpenCMS is installed as ROOT webapp
> (I also tried different combinations for the apache rewrite and proxy
> configuration wihtout success)
>
> Please help me understand what I am missing.
> Thank you very much.

*www.solutioncms.com <http://www.solutioncms.com>The Brazilian Official
Provider OpenCms*