[opencms-dev] .properties file

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.com
Mon Jun 30 15:20:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

sure that’s possible. Since classes are usually exported to WEB-INF/classes/…  you could either get the properties file from the real file system or you could use the class loader to access the properties file.
Here’s an example for using the class loader:

public class ContentTypeConfiguration {

  private static final Log LOG = LogFactory.getLog(ContentTypeConfiguration.class);
  private static final String PROPSPATH = "com/mediaworx/b4f/opencms/contenttypes/ContentTypeConfig.properties";

  private static final Properties prop;

  static {
    prop = new Properties();
    try {
      prop.load(ContentTypeConfiguration.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(PROPSPATH));
    }
    catch (IOException e) {
      LOG.error(PROPSPATH + " could not be loaded.");
    }
  }

  [...]
}

I’m sure there are other ways (e.g. ResourceBundle), but this has worked for me so far.

Cheers

Kai