[opencms-dev] email notification triggered by content chage

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.com
Fri Jul 11 09:53:16 CEST 2014

Hey there,

I don't know if it's possible without programming, but I know that this could be done by implementing a module action class (I_CmsModuleAction).
In the Method "cmsEvent" you can listen to events. That's how this method could look like:

  public void cmsEvent(CmsEvent event) {
    int eventType = event.getType();
    Map<String, Object> eventData = event.getData();

    if (eventType == I_CmsEventListener.EVENT_RESOURCE_MODIFIED) {
      int changeType = (Integer)eventData.get(I_CmsEventListener.KEY_CHANGE);
      if (changeType == CmsDriverManager.CHANGED_CONTENT) {
        [... send your email here ...]
      }
    }
  }