[opencms-dev] problem with permissions

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 11 15:05:18 CEST 2014

I'm having a little bit of a trouble with permissions of an OpenCMS
driven Internet site.

As long as I was maintaining it (me as Admin with all rights) tere was
no problem. Now when I want to allow
our secretary mate to do e.g. database exports fomr the Intranet site
and import them to the Internet site (yes, we have this
bit clumsy configuration, but it has advantages security wise) I'm
running into trouble.

First off:

should I grant roles or would I better assign the user to groups?
She should be able to import a database and publish the import.

I have three sites. I gave her the role database manager and when
logging in the first time she couldn't see at all one of the three sites.
Then to overcome the problems quickly, I added her to the Adminstrator
group.

I'm seeing as a consequence that she has now the "root administaror
role" as well.

How can I straighten up this? Also, what permissions would I best give
my sites from the root down?