[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9.0.1: Cms Login

T.Kluge at t-systems.com T.Kluge at t-systems.com
Mon Aug 11 15:16:28 CEST 2014

We have two login related problems after migrating to OpenCms 9.0.1

1) There is a browser compatibility check “checkbrowser();“ done by jQuery 1.8.
Running on IE8 the check mostly reveals browser.version == 7.0 instead of 8.0.
So OpenCms states, the browser is not sufficient.
We did not find out why this is the case but it happened on 2 of 3 systems. There is a statement by the jQuery staff that IE8 returns version 7 in compatibility / quirks mode.
As a solution we removed the browser check.

2) After cms admin login. (/opencms/ opencms /system/login/) the browser autoredirects to /opencms/opencms/index.jsp
This is new to us and we have a problem with that, because this is the entry of our site. That means we have to go a site back to get into the administrative workspace view.

Thanks for any ideas.
Thomas