[opencms-dev] permission related query

Mugdha Rajendrakumar Rane Mugdha_Rane at infosys.com
Wed Aug 20 09:27:46 CEST 2014

Hi All,

There is a requirement wherein we need to achieve following scenario:

There are 2 folders namely Temp1 and Temp2.
We have developers, approvers, publishers as parent groups.
We have temp1_dev group, temp1_app group, temp1_pub group. Similarly for temp2.
Now requirement is Temp1 user group should see only temp1 folder and not temp2 and vice a versa.
But user1 is developer of temp1 and approver of temp2.

When we try to implement it on group level, permissions for temp1group is allowed on temp1 and denied for temp2 folder and vice a versa.
But for user1 he is able to see none of the folders due to above group level permission.

When we try to implement it on user level permissions it works but is an overhead as we need to allow and deny permissions on each folder for each user.

Please suggest some better option if any available.

Thanks & Regards,
Mugdha Rane

Infosys e-mail system.