[opencms-dev] folders/files starting with dot in 9.0.1 ?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Aug 22 17:12:16 CEST 2014

Christoph,

the dot was chosen because in the sort order of the traditional workplace,
folders starting with a dot will usually be on top.

And since the dot folders are "system folders" - they required in order for
the system to work properly - it seemed natural to use the "." like Unix
does.

Kind Regards,

Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Visit OpenCms Days 2014 Conference and Expo

November 3 to 4, 2014 in Cologne, Germany - http://www.opencms-days.org