[opencms-dev] java out of memory error

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Mon Aug 25 13:48:00 CEST 2014

Hi Chris,
we had the same problem with just 256M. We are good now with 512M, whereas it is still a little bit slow, when doing a lot of page editing / publishing.
As always, it depends on how much users are going to use OpenCms. So it is definitely  a little bit trial and error on the correct setting for Xmx.
In my humble opinion, there are very little circumstances, where a setting of Xmx > 8G are necessary.
That is my developer experience with more than 30 OpenCms projects.

I am very interested in experiences of other OpenCms developers.

HTH
Kai