[opencms-dev] Publishing problems

Tue Sep 2 11:48:48 CEST 2014

Hi Gerhard,

again - hard to tell :-)

If A is the root node and the static logic from the provider does not
check if B is related to A then yes, you would have to publish both.
However this is very simple to verify:

Create a template A which outputs the current time and create a JSP B
which is included by the template A (via the tag <cms:include />) which
also outputs the current time.
Publish both, request template A and both time stamps should be
identically.
Then change template B and publish again.

Depending on how the static logic from your provider works you will most
likely have one of the following results when calling template A again:

- timestamp A = timestamp B = the timestamp from the first template call
(Logic did not detect a change)
- timestamp A = timestamp B = the current timestamp (Logic detected
change and recompiled template)

Kind regards

\Fabian