[opencms-dev] Is CSS and JS optimization coming to cms:headIncludes in OpenCms 9.5?

Christian Bjørnbak cbj at touristonline.dk
Fri Sep 19 22:31:59 CEST 2014

Hi

I'm wondering if CSS and JS optimization will be built in to
cms:headIncludes in OpenCms 9.5?

The WebOptimization v8 module does a similar job but we can't make it work
in OpenCms 9.0.1.

Besides the cms:headIncludes has the new feature of dynamically collecting
CSS and JS to add in the <head>.

It would be natural to add the option to optimize the CSS and JS by merging
the content of the files into one and minify it.

And further could headIncludes be expanded to be able to load the files
asynchronously.

Is Alkacon or anybody else working on such improvements?

Are they going to be part of or ready around OpenCms 9.5?

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,

Christian Bjørnbak

Chefudvikler / Lead Developer
TouristOnline A/S