[opencms-dev] Wrong positioning of image wigets (dialog and preview modals)

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Thu Sep 25 12:05:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am experiencing off-screen (under the bottom) positioning of the image widget. When a user opens the widget, often times only the "fade" overlay is visible, and it will appear as if there is no image widget to interact with. It is there, however, but the user must scroll below the bottom to find it. Furthermore, when the widget opens, the editor itself will sometimes (always?) be auto-scrolled down a bit.

This is both confusing and annoying for the user, who will frequently be subjected to this behavior.

The error is very easily reproduced. It may be less obvious on short pages, but unmistakable on lengthy pages.

I last confirmed the behavior today, on OpenCms v8.5.2 and v9.0.1, back-end editing with "Default page editor" (TinyMCE?), in Firefox v32 and Chrome v37. IE behaves properly. Also, note that the issue is not present when using Acacia.

I presume this a known issue. Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Paul