[opencms-dev] Modify export URI / RFS URI

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Wed Oct 22 10:15:01 CEST 2014

Hi list,

I'm experimenting with URL fingerprinting. Let's use a CSS file - "my.css" - as example.

When publishing the CSS file, it gets exported to the RFS. What I'd like, is to "trick" the system into exporting it as if the URI contained a parameter:
"my.css?fingerprint=23471041849023" -> gets exported as something like: "my.css_329083.css"

I'd like to make it as "pluggable" as possible, so I can easily add/remove the feature.

What would be the best solution?

I've been thinking about a custom static export handler (replacing org.opencms.staticexport.CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler in opencms-importexport.xml). Is this the best solution? (If yes, could someone point me in the right direction as to where in CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler I should start making modifications?)

Any better approaches?

Cheers,
Paul