[opencms-dev] URGENT - Facing problem while installing OpenCms 9.0.1 with MS SQL Server 2014

Sharad Jain sharadjainleo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:14:30 CET 2014

Hi,

I’ve got a problem with OpenCms and the MS SQL JDBC driver. I changed the
opencms.properties file to use the Microsoft JDBC driver, but I still get
an exception:

Error while loading driver: [com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver,
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver]

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
[com/microsoft/jdbc/sqlserver/SQLServerDriver,
com/microsoft/jdbc/sqlserver/SQLServerDriver]

java.lang.NullPointerException

I've tried a couple of different ways to get OpenCMS to find the Microsoft
driver, e.g. placed the jar files in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/ directory and
altered the environment variable CLASSPATH to include the jar files. I
modified the Tomcat shortcut to include the classpath (-Djava.class.path),
but nothing worked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards,

Sharad Jain